Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Forwarded to me from our Senior Pastor. It resonated with me today and it was too good not to share.
The Authentic Leaders Creed
• I believe leadership begins on the inside of my life and moves out.
• I determine to take no shortcuts in my service to God & others.
• I commit to lead a disciplined life of quiet dependence upon God.
• I will courageously face the truth about myself and, by the grace of God, intercept any potential fatal flaws that might destroy my integrity & ministry.
• I pledge to be led by God before I attempt to lead others.
• I commit to avoid the shallowness of conformity, choosing rather to minister from the unique & sacred trust given to me by God.
• I will face the transitions of my life with the grace & wisdom that God grants.
• I will accept the pain that life brings my way and allow it to make me a more understanding and able servant.
• I will pursue honest relationships with the people I lead.
• I will be safe and gentle in my dealings with those I lead.
• I will infuse life into people through the power of affirmation.
• I will wisely choose to invest in a few.
• I will endure and finish well, relying upon the staying power of the Holy Spirit.
How we normally think of Pentecost Pentecost in the Christian church is the celebration of the Holy Spirit descending on all who were gather...
A Spiritual Perspective on the Materialism of Christmas Don't Yuck My Yum This has become a very popular phrase among my circle of f...
In other words...we are all ministers. We have an opportunity before us. An opportunity for growth. An opportunity to share our faith. ...