Forwarded to me from our Senior Pastor. It resonated with me today and it was too good not to share.
The Authentic Leaders Creed
• I believe leadership begins on the inside of my life and moves out.
• I determine to take no shortcuts in my service to God & others.
• I commit to lead a disciplined life of quiet dependence upon God.
• I will courageously face the truth about myself and, by the grace of God, intercept any potential fatal flaws that might destroy my integrity & ministry.
• I pledge to be led by God before I attempt to lead others.
• I commit to avoid the shallowness of conformity, choosing rather to minister from the unique & sacred trust given to me by God.
• I will face the transitions of my life with the grace & wisdom that God grants.
• I will accept the pain that life brings my way and allow it to make me a more understanding and able servant.
• I will pursue honest relationships with the people I lead.
• I will be safe and gentle in my dealings with those I lead.
• I will infuse life into people through the power of affirmation.
• I will wisely choose to invest in a few.
• I will endure and finish well, relying upon the staying power of the Holy Spirit.