Friday, January 21, 2011
What happens on the ski trip...
Everyone knows the first rule of youth ministry trips: "What happens on the trip, stays on the trip."
This is not only for the protection of the idiots, I mean um students, that do things that probably shouldn't be shared publicly but it also creates a stronger bond between said students that went on the retreat together.
That being said, I'd like to break the first rule of youth ministry trips by sharing what went on during the Quench ski trip to Lake Junaluska, NC. Quotes have been altered and/or not given proper citation as to protect those involved.
1) "You mean the window actually ROLLS down?"
2) Ding Ding
3) "There are seven, there are seven, continents, continents."
4) "What's the difference between a state and a continent?"
5) "I'd really like to join a fraternity." -"We've got a name for girls like that."
6) "Its not easy being green."
7) "Where's Steven?"
8) "Elana, Elona, Nepotism."
9) "Hand check."
11) "What's a Mr. Goodbar?"
12) "Are you faking?"
13) "Watch this cheer-leading move!"
14) "You can bury the workman but the work will still go on."
15) "Cheek Sista!"
16) "I'm scared the boys are up to something!"
18) "Did I dream that or did Pastor Shannon sing to us this morning?"
19) "Steven - do you want water on your head?"
20) "Roll Tide - where are you from?"
Ahh good times. Here's to many, many more!
-Until Everyone Hears
There is a character in most folklore known as the trickster. The Trickster at first seems to be a bad character. Who really wants to be tri...
A Spiritual Perspective on the Materialism of Christmas Don't Yuck My Yum This has become a very popular phrase among my circle of f...
5 Tips for Worshiping Online as a Family We've all made a pivot. We've adjusted our schedules, our working habits, our eating h...